Hi,

I would like to gauge your interest in a release of the Python bindings for
DataFusion.

There has been a tremendous amount of updates to it, including support for
Python 3.9.

This release is backward compatible and there are no blockers.

This would be the first time a release of this is cut since it has been
donated. This is a binary release, as DataFusion / Rust must be compiled
against windows, mac and many linux (see
https://pypi.org/project/datafusion/#files for the previous version's
offering).

My suggestion is to perform an equivalent set of operations as we do it in
apache/arrow:

1. build the different binaries in the CI and store them as CI artifacts
2. download the binaries, verify RAT of source, and sign
3. push to apache dev and create changelog
4. vote
5. push to apache
6. push to pypi
7. create tag in repo
8. announce

I am happy to build the CI tooling for this, but I would like to know your
thoughts or if anyone has a better idea.

Best,
Jorge