I'd suggest maybe two things:
1.  If possible add deprecation warnings for the next release, and delete
the release after (we don't have a formal policy but if would be good to
give user heads up before out-right deletion).
2.  If 1 isn't an option then please add something to the 6.0.0 release
notes indicating the removal.

Cheers,
Micah