0 (binding) - imo there is some unclarity over what is expected to be
passed over the C streaming interface - an Array or a StructArray.

I think the spec claims the former, but the C++ implementation (which I
assume is the reference here) expects the latter [1].

Would it be possible to clarify this on either end so we do not clone the
spec and/or reference implementation with this unclarity?

+1 if we are voting on formalizing the spec as written, and consider
ARROW-15747 as something for C++/Python to improve upon. In other words, I
favor that the C stream interface is aligned with the C data interface with
respect to what it consumes (arbitrary arrays).

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-15747

Best,
Jorge