On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 12:48 AM Sutou Kouhei <k...@clear-code.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you explain what do you want to do?

sure thing! sorry I forgot to give more details XD

So basically, I am investigating the possibility to use apache arrow
datatypes as native datatypes for a compiler that I am creating, arxlang
for now, arx is totally based on kaleidoscope compiler, I just changed the
code structure, but the result is basically the same.

my plan is:

1) learn how to handle the arrow datatype using arrow-c-glib
2) use the arrow datatype directly from llvm IR
3) integrate arrow float datatype to the arx

If I managed to finish all these 3 steps, I would be able to establish a
proper road map for the project (change the syntaxis, add features, etc).

> (We have cookbooks for other languages but don't have
> cookbook for Apache Arrow C GLib yet...
> https://arrow.apache.org/cookbook/ )

thanks, it looks very helpful. if anyone could guide me, maybe I could help
with the apache arrow c glib cookbook. that would be a very nice way to
learn more about that.

Thank you so much @kou! appreciate your attention and the information you
shared.