Hey Wes,

The StringView/ByteView structure presents some complications with Go in
memory handling (particularly with the C ABI) so I added a comment on the
RFC outlining this.

TL;DR: Garbage Collection makes it difficult to handle because it's not
maintaining a properly typed pointer.

I'm gonna keep thinking about this to see if i can come up with a good
solution, but I encourage anyone to have a look at my comment on the RFC[1]
and add any comments / questions they might have.

Thanks!
--Matt

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kocVHzEpd-veq2AsoHcsrlaDpezUNOKk2PRzggwAs9w/edit?disco=AAAAdZJ6GHs