Le 01/08/2022 à 22:53, Pradeep Gollakota a écrit :
Thanks for all the great feedback.

To proceed forward, we seem to need decisions around the following:

1. Whether to use arrow extensions or first class types. The consensus is
building towards using arrow extensions.

+1

2. What do we do about different non-utf8 encodings? There does not appear
to be a consensus yet on this point. One option is to only allow utf8
encoding and force implementers to convert non-utf8 to utf8. Second option
is to allow all encodings and capture the encoding in the metadata (I'm
leaning towards this option).

Allowing non-utf8 encodings adds complexity for everyone. Disallowing them only adds complexity for the tiny minority of producers of non-utf8 JSON.

3. What do we do about the different formats of JSON (string, BSON, UBJSON,
etc.)?

There are no "different formats of JSON". BSON etc. are unrelated formats.

Regards

Antoine.