I would welcome trimming down our hand-written dependency bundling and delegate most of the work to vcpkg or conan, but I don't know how usable and flexible those alternatives are. Somehow more knowledgeable (probably Kou or perhaps Krisztian?) should answer.

(also note that using an external package manager can restrict our freedom in pinning a particular version of a dependency, though that's perhaps not a problem with most of them)

Regards

Antoine.