Hi David and Antoine,

Long-term I completely agree that this should belong in Apache Spark.  I also
agree that Flight SQL or ADBC would be a good enhancement for users.  We are
planning on implementing Flight SQL support soon.  ADBC doesn't look mature
enough right now for this use case.  We will keep an eye on it.

Short-term, I'd like to propose either creating an Arrow contrib repo or making
a separate Apache repo just for the Flight Spark Connector.

We would need help facilitating this within Apache / Arrow.

Thank you,
Kyle