> How do apache/arrow-rs, arrow-datafusion, arrow-julia, et al. handle this?

arrow-rs and arrow-datafusion use the squash-and-merge button in the github
UI.

In general we don't have the same level of curation in commit titles as the
main arrow repo. However, I have not heard anyone ask for better commit
titles and the github UI / API does a good job tying all commits back to
the PR they came from.

Andrew