Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the responses. I hope you are all well.

Hi Dewey. As to the problematic column error message: Invalid: Could not
open CSV input source 'folder/name.CSV': Invalid: In CSV column #30: Row
#5: CSV conversion error to int32: invalid value ''

I manually opened the csv and saw the cells are empty or blanks along with
integers on the same column 30. Also present in some other columns.

I tried manually setting via schema() the columns as utf8()/character
equivalent in R, or string().

I still get the same error message.

disk.frame read these columns mixing integers with spaces/blanks as
integers smoothly with no error messages at all. I think disk.frame read
the spaces/blanks as null values/NA in R studio.

I am scripting all of these in RMarkdown if that might be a factor.

Questions:
1.Is there a way in open_dataset() to automatically set all blanks as null
values across multiple csvs which im trying to load into R? Similar in
logic to pandas.read_csv('test.csv',na_values=['nan'])

manual re-encoding is not feasible because im dealing with millions of data
points, I am also just a secondary user of this data, and my goal is to
automate in R for my organization.

2.  Are there other arrow functions/commands that can load multiple csvs
from my local folder as an arrow object?

Regards,