Hi Chris,

As Bryce pointed out the current process is managed with the manual
addition of the `Breaking change` label in GitHub. In general after
the Release there is a review process to tag some of those that were
missing.

Currently you could use the GitHub issue search. For example for
13.0.0 a search filter like: `label:"Breaking Change" milestone:13.0.0
` [1].

I think you make a great point, currently it is quite difficult to
know what are the breaking changes. I discussed in the past with
Alenka and Bryce that we could prompt on our merge script to the
committer whether they want to tag the issue with `Breaking change`.
I've created the following issue [2] in order to do that. Once this is
done we could modify our Changelog script to build a section with
Breaking changes to make it easier for users to find those.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/arrow/issues?q=label%3A%22Breaking+Change%22+milestone%3A13.0.0
[2] https://github.com/apache/arrow/issues/38841