On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 12:24 PM Ian Cook <ianmc...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Sarah,
>
> Thanks for pursuing this.
>
> The ASF 3rd Party License Policy lists a number of standard,
> off-the-shelf licenses that are compatible with Category B, but the
> policy does not include any provision for custom-written licenses.
> This appears to be a custom-written license. Is that correct?
>
> Is this custom-written license based on one of the listed Category B
> licenses? If so, can you tell us which one? If not, can you provide
> some explanation of why this license should be considered to meet the
> criteria for Category B?

FWIW: while these are all excellent questions for the pre-work, if there
needs to be an ultimate statement on this -- you'll have to file a LEGAL
JIRA. E.g.: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-506

(plz include all the relevant details when filing it -- whatever comes
out of this thread).

Thanks,
Roman.