Hi,

IMHO, Apache Parquet Java [1] cannot drop Java 8 in all 1.x releases
to keep maximum backward compatibility. There was a discussion on
the 2.x major release [2] and v3 format [3]. I think it is a good chance
to drop Java 8 from the 2.x release.

[1] https://github.com/apache/parquet-java
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/kttwbl5l7opz6nwb5bck2gghc2y3td0o
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/5jyhzkwyrjk9z52g0b49g31ygnz73gxo