Hello,

We are facing some scalability and latency issues with Apache Atlas. Today we
have Atlas installed as single node. Some of simple get entity calls (with lots
of relationships) are taking lot of time. In our data, we have lot of deep
relationships.

Current state:
1. Atlas + JanusGraph (same jvm)
   Cassandra cluster for persistence
   ES cluster for indices

We are thinking of scaling Atlas Horizontally to reduce latency and improve
overall performance. We are thinking of below two options.

Option 1
1. Single Atlas instance
Multiple instances of JanusGraph servers, living along with Cassandra.
Atlas will call JanusGraph though rest API or web sockets.

Option 2
Multiple instances of Atlas + JanusGraph (single jvm)
Cassandra cluster for persistance

What we are trying to achieve horizontal scale with minimal changes to Atlas
code and at the same time do not want to have any transaction violations. With
graph transactions in mind which option is suggested?.

Thanks,
Sai.