Jira Atlas-230 is created asking for detail documentation/samples of REST API.

At meanwhile, can someone help provide some insights on how to create an entity
through REST API? supposedly the POST method of http:…/api/atlas/entities will
do the job, however, I couldn’t make it work:

class definition:

{
     "typeName”:”BusinessMetadata",
     "attributeDefinitions":[
       {
         "name”:”Category",
         "dataTypeName”:”string",
         …
       },
     ]
}

JSON passed to the REST API:

{
          "typeName":"BusinessMetaData",
          "values":{
            "category":"MiddleOffice",
           …..
          }
}

this results with exceptions “Unable to persist entity instance
(EntityResource:112) java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to deserialize
son”

Thanks
Herman.