Hi Shwetha,
OK Thanks - what is your thinking around possible changes to
EntityResourceDefinition?
         all the best, avid.

To:     "dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org" <dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org>
Date:   20/09/2016 06:05
Subject:        Re: Thoughts on the first step to understand the Atlas
data model internals

David,

EntityResourceDefinition was added as part of business catalog, and this
might change.

org.apache.atlas.web.resources.EntityResource and
org.apache.atlas.web.resources.TypesResource are the initial APIs added,
these are used by AtlasClient and Atlas UI and is also documented in
Hemanth¹s doc

Regards,
Shwetha

On 15/09/16, 8:27 PM, "David Radley" <david_rad...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

>Hi Hermanth,
>Thanks for your response. I agree we should evolve the existing
>documentation. I was aware of the guide you pointed me to. This appears
>be useful for a user of the REST API. This sort of document is sometimes
>known as an application programming guide. The motivation of this persona
>is to effectively use the Atlas REST APIs to manage their metadata.
>
>I am interested in documenting the internal data model and motivation for
>the separations of concerns in the source code. This is for different
>personas, namely to document design consensus around the data model by
>and
>for the Atlas contributers and committers.
> all the best David.
>

>From:   Hemanth Yamijala <hyamij...@hortonworks.com>
>To:     "dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org" <dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org>
>Date:   15/09/2016 14:28
>Subject:        Re: Thoughts on the first step to understand the Atlas
>data model internals
>

>David,
>
>This might not directly address all the points you mention below, but
>regarding learning about Atlas from a core understanding perspective, you
>may want to go through the document here:
>http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/AtlasTechnicalUserGuide.pdf. This is
>something we created just after the 0.7 release timeframe and feel it
>represents core concepts to a reasonable extent.
>
>There are several improvements that it needs:
>Likely, it is not complete and missing pieces.
>Further, being in PDF form makes it hard to edit, so moving it to a more
>editable format and specifically adding it to source code itself should
>be
>a goal.
>
>Etc...
>
>But if it forms a starting point, then it would be great to base further
>improvements on top of it.
>
>Thanks
>Hemanth

TypeSystem.getInstance
>();
>
>    protected final Set<String> instanceProperties = new HashSet<>();
>    protected final Set<String> collectionProperties = new HashSet<>();
>    protected Map<String, AttributeDefinition> propertyDefs = new
>HashMap<>();
>    protected Map<String, AttributeInfo> properties = new HashMap<>();
>
>    protected final Map<String, Projection> projections = new
HashMap<>();