I'm a couple of days late to this party, but I wanted to chime in on this.

Mesos has a couple of command line flags that take a json blob.
See --acls and --firewall-rules:
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/configuration/

This technique makes a lot of sense to me.  Can we follow that convention
for
the custom executor stuff?

Thanks,
Jay