      From: Bill Farner <wfar...@apache.org>
 To: "dev@aurora.apache.org" <dev@aurora.apache.org>; meghdoot bhattacharya
<meghdoo...@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:53 PM
 Subject: Re: Aurora-1288 custom executor support in client

One of the biggest challenges i foresee if we embark on making the client
support custom executors is schema handling.  By design, pystachio defines
schemas that configurations must match, which will likely make it difficult
to generalize to support swappable/arbitrary executors.  I am not familiar
enough with pystachio to articulate how [in]feasible this is, so hopefully
someone else can expound on that.

While i think this is possible, i wouldn't be disappointed if this use case
were used to apply pressure to getting a REST API in place, as i believe
that's one of the few major hurdles left necessitating a CLI.

-=Bill