I think the unified container support will eventually be superior to the
current docker implementation, however after reading over the design doc, a
few critical pieces are missing that makes it basically a non starter for
now.

- Lack of support for a docker registry removes one of the two biggest
reasons for using docker.  (You don't have to worry about distribution)
- I'm unclear how they plan to support non-filesystem layers, such as ENV
directives in the docker containers.

As-is, they're not really actually providing support for docker, simply
support for the container format.  Until mesos can actually pull from a
repo and supports a better provisioning strategy (simply copying the layers
is unacceptable), I don't see their docker support being very useful.