Aaron:

I've absolutely no problem with this providing it is not documented as a
decision of the PMC if there was not a PMC vote.  The PMC procedures do
not provide for a non-voted decision.  As such - you board report could
simply state that

  "following discussion by PMC Members - it is my recommendation ..."

If you want to make it a PMC decision then you would need to hold a vote
and post a vote result.  I've no objections either way.  If you want
some help concerning appropriate wording without a PMC decision let me
know.

Stephen.