Maxim,

I'm not very familiar with the Avro C code.  I hope that someone who
is will review your patches soon as they look to fix critical bugs
there.

I agree it would be best to get these included an in a release as soon
as possible.  Once they're committed I'd be happy to create a new
release candidate and call a vote on it.  Whether this is 1.7.0 or
1.7.1 doesn't make much difference.  With 2 more +1 votes from PMC
members we could have 1.7.0 released today.

Doug