+0 I am having trouble building from the tarball.

In Java, I get the following errors in tests in mapreduce:

Failed tests:
testAvroInput(org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestAvroMultipleOutputs)
  testAvroMapOutput(org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestAvroMultipleOutputs)
  testAvroInput(org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestWordCount)
  testReflectInput(org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestWordCount)
  testAvroMapOutput(org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestWordCount)

Which are at the following lines:

java.lang.AssertionError
 at
org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestAvroMultipleOutputs.testAvroInput(TestAvroMul
tipleOutputs.java:358)
 at
org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestWordCount.testAvroMapOutput(TestWordCount.jav
a:457)

 at
org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestWordCount.testAvroMapOutput(TestWordCount.jav
a:416)
 at
org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestWordCount.testAvroInput(TestWordCount.java:37
6)

C works if I disable snappy/lzma, but fails with the following with all
libraries available:
[  2%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/avro-shared.dir/codec.o
/Users/scott/Downloads/avro-src-1.7.5/lang/c/src/codec.c:21:10: fatal
error: 'byteswap.h' file not found

This seems to be a a fun Mac OSX issue as byteswap.h is not portable.

Python seems fine.  C++ seems fine.  I can't build C#.  My ruby version is
incompatible.

The maven artifacts for Java are fine.  I can successfully build and test
all my applications against the RC via the RC's maven repo.

Mac uses an old version of bash, which does not break out on error from a
subshell.  The build runs each language as a subshell, so detecting errors
requires manual inspection of all output.