I just tried but am currently unable to get the C++ to compile.  It
fails for me with:

lang/c++/api/GenericDatum.hh:474:16: error: request for member
‘resize’ in ‘((avro::GenericFixed*)this)->avro::GenericFixed::value_’,
which is of non-class type ‘int’

Does anyone have any idea what the problem here is?

Please commit AVRO-1448.

Doug