SG,

I think this is addressed by logical types because you can register methods
that handle conversion between any object and how you want to store it. I
agree that we don't want to introduce inheritance, so I think this is a
good direction to go. Are you trying to use logical types for this and
running into trouble?

rb

--
Ryan Blue