Hi Daniel,
I can take care of these issues. Give me a week or so.
Thanks
Thiru
    On Tuesday, 4 December, 2018, 7:26:53 PM IST, Daniel Kulp
<dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 8:50 PM, Thiruvalluvan MG <thiru...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
> wrote:
> I am for moving to C++11.
> In addition to replacing auto_ptr with unique_ptr, we can get a few more
> things moved. E.g. boost::any to std::any, which has small buffer
> optimization. We can also replace ref counted boost pointers with those in
> std::.
> However, there is one hitch. The C++ API directly exposes auto_ptr (and
> possibly boost::any) instead of typedef'ing them in avro namespace. So almost
> all C++ users of Avro 1.8.x and before will have to modify their sources in
> order to compile with 1.9.0. This problem is not going to go away, so we
> should swallow it some time. Let it be 1.9.0. It will be worthwhile to
> publish a migration guide.

I can look at the std::auto_ptr and std::any changes.  For the post part, those
are search/replace.  I don’t know anything about the ref counted stuff.  Is
there anyone around that could look at that?  Is that also just a
search/replace?

C++ is not my strong point, I’m mostly a Java person.  C++ is just used to
control Christmas lights and we generally don’t push the language too hard for
that.  :)

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org <mailto:dk...@apache.org> - http://dankulp.com/blog