Hello,

I just wanted to announce that we merged today the last fix to support
Java 11 in our build system. Notice that Avro is still Java 8
compatible and will remain for long time, but validating that we are
still 'forward' compatible with Java 11 is important for the health of
the project even if we don't use anything Java 11 specific.

This does not cover yet the modularization of Avro to be compatible
with Java's new module system. I filled  AVRO-2305 to track this if
some brave soul want to try it.

Finally, I would like to thank Dan Kulp and Fokko Driesprong for the
help to bring this to fruition.

Regards,
Ismaël Mejía