+1 to do a release.

If we want to have a release 'soon' it is probably a good idea to not wait
for the `avro-gradle-plugin` to be included since there is still a good
amount of work to be done to get it merged, so it will end up delaying the
release.

We don't have a strict policy for new features in patch releases so why
don't we get out a new 1.11.x release with the latest changes
(DirectBlockingBinaryEncoder + nanoseconds + others) and wait for the
1.12.0 release for the plugin + any maintenance policy changes (which
versions will be maintained, etc) and other eventual backward incompatible
changes.

Any volunteer to be the release manager?

Regards,
Ismaël