I added "First stable release" in JIRA as a version identifier a while
back, to avoid any prejudice what that version might be called. I think it
makes sense to resolve (newly fixed) issues against that version. Once we
finalize the name of that release, we can easily rename it to either
"1.0.0" or "2.0.0".

I'd probably suggest to keep the 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT in the code until it is
completely clear that the next release is 1.0.0 or 2.0.0. It is easy to
bump the version upward -- typically things continue working well. If the
version has to be adjusted downward for some reason, it gets tricky since
Maven version ordering breaks for the nightly build. This is a good change,
just no reason to rush it in, I think.