I've been trying to release an internal fork and found out that trying to
release with maven release plugin uploads twice some artifacts - for me it
was "beam-sdks-java-core", for JB (who helped me investigate this) it was a
different artifact.
At first I blamed release plugin, but even a simple deploy tries to upload
twice.
While this does not affect the Apache release process (since it uses a
staging Nexus), it is not behaving as it should, and prevents (advanced)
users who want to release/deploy their own fork into a Nexus that actually
enforces a single upload for releases.

If anyone knows this issue and knows what is the problem - why deploy goal
is executed twice for some artifcats - I'd appreciate their help.

Thanks,
Amit