On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:16 AM, JingsongLee <lzljs3620...@aliyun.com>
wrote:

> If user have a WordCount StatefulDoFn, the result of
> counts is always changing before the expiration of window.
> Maybe the user want a signal to know the count is the final value
> and then archive the value to the timing database or somewhere else.
> best,
> JingsongLee

This is a good point to bring up, but actually already required to be
handled by the runner. This issue exists with timers already. The runner
must sequence these:

1. Expire the window and start dropping any more input
2. Fire the user's expiration callback
3. Delete the state for the window

This actually made me think of a special property of @OnWindowExpiration:
we can forbid Timer parameters. If we followed Robert's idea we could do
static analysis and enforce the same thing.

This is a pretty good motivation for the special feature. It is more than
convenience.

Kenn