Hey folks, thanks for your thoughts!

I have some responses for you. :)

Regarding squashing, it looks like there are three things at play --
forgive me if I've misunderstood.

1. Merge commits exactly as they are in the PR.
2. Squash all commits down to the first commit
3. Automatically squash fixup! and squash! commits but leave things as they
are otherwise.

Is the prevailing sentiment to enable all three of these, or just two?

To address Ismaël's comment about gaining insight into what MergeBot is
doing, I have two suggestions. a) MergeBot can comment back the list of
commands that it took in the case that it failed. b) MergeBot can comment a
link to the merge log for the PR in question. We already capture this and
put it somewhere internet-accessible, it's just not particularly
discoverable. This way people could watch the actual STDOUT as MergeBot is
operating, or after it fails to merge a PR. Would that help?

Also for the curious, I'm tracking all the future MergeBot work I can think
of in the doc linked below (I may wind up filing tickets for some of this
stuff at some point, but am more likely to track via github issues on the
mergebot repository for now). Comments welcome. :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13D1nUgTeonyvNtRi4bJM-Vyj9YOCVHZT7QA6EOauKT4/edit

--
-------
Jason Kuster