In Camel, we have different mode: with local file caching or using streaming when possible (it depends of the body in the Exchange).

So, I think we can do the same in Beam.

Regards
JB

On 07/24/2017 09:38 PM, Eugene Kirpichov wrote:
I think Camille may have referred to python standard library class StringIO
which means collecting the output into a string - and then I suppose
uploading the string to FTP. That could work (similar stuff exists in Java
library) but would limit us to files whose content fits in memory.