Hi,

To use KafkaIO in secure mode, I need to set
-Djava.security.auth.login.config to point to a JAAS configuration file. It
works fine for local execution. But how can I configure the
"java.security.auth.login.config" property in the Beam app when the
pipeline is submitted to a cluster/cloud-service? Even if I use a ParDo to
set the system property, there is no guarantee that the ParDo will run on
the same server with the KafkaIO source.

For this specific problem, it would be helpful to upgrade to Kafka Client
0.10.2.0, which provides a "sasl.jaas.config" property that can be updated
programmatically. Or is there any other work around?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-85%3A+Dynamic+JAAS+configuration+for+Kafka+clients

Thanks,
Shen