Thanks JB for sending the detailed notes about new stuff in 2.2.0! A lot of
exciting things indeed.

Regarding Java 8: I thought our consensus was to have the release notes say
that we're *considering* going Java8-only, and use that to get more
opinions from the user community - but I can't find the emails that made me
think so.

+Ismaël Mejía <ieme...@gmail.com> - do you think we should formally
conclude the vote on the thread [VOTE] [DISCUSSION] Remove support for Java
7?
Or should we take more steps - e.g. perhaps tweet a link to that thread
from the Beam twitter account, ask people to chime in, and wait for say 2
weeks before declaring a conclusion?

Let's also have a process JIRA for going Java8. I've filed one:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3285