I agree with Romain.

Further more, after have worked on the Gradle build last week, I saw some difference between the actions performed by the Maven and Gradle builds.
For instance, Nextmark build is not equivalent between Maven and Gradle.

I think we should align both or at least agree about actions that should be
done.

Gradle build looks good to me but, IMHO, it's still require some alignments and polishing.

Regards
JB