Some ideas I have around the issues mentioned before:

* Annual User Survey

One important thing we should do is some sort of annual survey of
users to have some feedback on the state of the Beam from the users
point of view, we can take for example as a template the survey done
by the Rust community or others, and maybe run it like we did for the
Java 8 poll on twitter.

https://blog.rust-lang.org/2017/09/05/Rust-2017-Survey-Results.html

* An event webpage / calendar

So everyone who organizes an event can add their events there and we
can also share them in advance in the mailing lists.

Regards,
Ismaël