Le 22 janv. 2018 21:46, "Lukasz Cwik" <lc...@google.com> a écrit :

1. Are you trying to have version overrides in a module depend on the
parent's version and not in one global place?,
Doesn't this lead to compatibility issues if you don't live with a single
version of a dependency across the entire repo (unless that dependency is
shaded away of course).

Ismael can detail this point more than me but this is sadly already the
case. We were looking to override part of the tree due to incompatibilities
between spark and bigquery driver.

2. How is what you describe different from './gradlew :runners:spark:build'

I want to run only spark in the wordcount module for instance. Not a runner
module but a runner execution in a multi runners module.

3. Can be overridden on command line or per user properties file but I
would rather have our users execute as close to what we test in Jenkins so
that the differences between a dev and CI workflow is minimal.

Hmm, are you sure it is the case everywhere? For me default should be
usable and CI use overrides but both options are valid. Just a very
different experience compared to maven.

4. configuration on demand is enabled by default and it should only
configure the projects that are needed so I'm not sure what you are asking
for here.

Running a submodule only is slower than maven so when working on a module -
during dev - it is quite costly, in particular debugging through the build.