The "hint" would probably to use hints :) - indees this joke refers to the
hint thread.

Long story short with hints you should be able to say "use that specialize
config here".

Now, personally, I'd like to see a way to specialize config per transform.
With an hint an easy way is to use a prefix: --s3-region would become
--prefix_transform1-s3-region. But to impl it i have
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/4683 which needs to be merged before ;).