Le 11 mars 2018 21:18, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <j...@nanthrax.net> a écrit :

Hi Romain,

I remember we have discussed about the way to express pipeline while ago.

I was fan of a "DSL" compared to the one we have in Camel: instead of using
apply(), use a dedicated form (like .map(), .reduce(), etc, AFAIR, it's the
approach in flume).
However, we agreed that apply() syntax gives a more flexible approach.

Using Java Stream is interesting but I'm afraid we would have the same
issue as the one we identified discussing "fluent Java SDK". However, we
can have a Stream API DSL on top of the SDK IMHO.

Agree and a beam stream interface (copying jdk api but making lambda
serializable to avoid the cast need).

On my side i think it enables user to discover the api. If you check my poc
impl you quickly see the steps needed to do simple things like a map which
is a first citizen.

Also curious if we could impl reduce with pipeline result = get an output
of a batch from the runner (client) jvm. I see how to do it for longs -
with metrics - but not for collect().

Regards
JB