I don't think incremental progress is a bad thing as long as we are making
progress towards the goal. Do we need better metrics (a weekly email ?)
about the progress towards moving everything to Gradle ? I agree with
others who pointed out that there are many unresolved JIRAs and simply
deleting Maven artifacts could break many things (for example, performance
tests).

Thanks,
Cham