On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Thomas Weise <t...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to find a summary of the feature set that is currently
> supported in the Python SDK. I understand it is experimental and
> currently only supports a subset of the Beam model like fixed interval
> windows but not merging windows and custom window functions.
>
> I’m specifically interested in stateful processing and timers as basic
> building blocks that could be used with a global window to implement
> session functionality and other higher level abstractions without being
> constrained by window functions and predefined triggers.

These are missing. Charles started working on those [1]. We can use any
help we can get if you are interested.

> Also since we have the runner capability matrix
> <https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runners/capability-matrix/>, would
> it be useful to track SDK capabilities in a similar way so that users
> know what’s supported?

I think this would be really helpful. Especially now that we have multiple
SDKs in master. Recently Rafael proposed having per-transform documentation
[2]. Building an SDK capability matrix would be natural extension of it.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-2687
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/626427f65a97eb5b40ecb4963202e7bdb43fccf139d82add698a7113@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E