I think it makes sense for the case when timestamp is provided in the
payload (including pubsub message attributes).  We can mark the field as an
event timestamp. But if the timestamp is internally defined by the source
(pubsub message publish time) and not exposed in the event body, then we
need a source-specific mechanism to extract and map the event timestamp to
the schema. This is, of course, if we don't automatically add a magic
timestamp field which Beam SQL can populate behind the scenes and add to
the schema. I want to avoid this magic path for now.