This thread is extremely valuable. It poses hard questions. It strengthens
good arguments. It teaches a way of thinking. It gives feedback. I want to
thank Romain in particular for driving it, and everyone who has
participated thus far.

That being said, the exchange has crossed the line on behalf of multiple
actors. I request a pause of 72 hours from *everyone*. It will help to cool
down, and digest the conversation so far. In addition, the PMC would
appreciate that time to process things and potentially advise/steer the
conversation.