Yes, that's the proposal. Everything that would otherwise be packaged into
the Docker container would need to be pre-installed in the host
environment. In the case of Python SDK, that could simply mean a (frozen)
virtual environment that was setup when the host was provisioned - the SDK
harness process(es) will then just utilize that. Of course this flavor of
SDK harness execution could also be useful in the local development
environment, where right now someone who already has the Python environment
needs to also install Docker and update a container to launch a Python SDK
pipeline on the Flink runner.