Hi Tim,

regarding the IO, while ago (at the incubator time of the project), we
discussed how to deal with different versions of the backend API and
dependencies. I proposed to have a release cycle per IO and have a
subproject per IO version, like for instance:

sdks/java/io/elasticsearch-5
sdks/java/io/elasticsearch-6

I'm still thinking that the best option, allowing to really leverage the
backend version in the right way.

Regarding the release, it's like what I'm doing in the ServiceMix
Bundles: the IO can have their own release cycle. As we agreed on a
periodical release cycle, not sure if it's still required, but it could
be interesting (why not having a specific repository for IOs).

Regards
JB