If I remember correctly, this was related to change of the signature of run
on runners to run(pipeline, options) instead of just run(pipeline). A
runner accepts a pipeline and set of options to run that pipeline, instead
of a pipeline and options being a combined thing.

It would be good to update the comments or bug with some explanation.