That's "classic" in the Apache projects. And yes, most of the time, we
periodically send or ask the dev to check the questions on other
channels like stackoverflow.

It makes sense to send a reminder or a list of open questions on the
user mailing list (users can help each other too).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré