It is a bit of a funky invocation, and our config makes it a little
stranger yet. I think you want

    ./gradlew -Ppublishing
-PnoSigning publishMavenJavaPublicationToMavenLocal

-Ppublishing is in our config to enable/disable the publishing plugin
-PnoSigning turns off signing which is on by default but you probably don't
want
The rest is how the publishing plugin does its thing, a concatenation of:
publish + <what to publish> + Publication To + <where to publish>

I didn't actually realize the `gradle install` did anything. But I think it
is worth making it so `gradle install` does exactly the above.

Kenn