This was already reported in BEAM-6512 [1], which Scott gave me as a
starter bug. I haven't been able to reproduce locally, so I'm trying to see
if I can get it to fail on Jenkins again with some additional logging [2].

Definitely interested in other's thoughts on this, I only vaguely
understand what's going on. So far the only headway I've made is noticing
that the "CANCELLED: Multiplexer hanging up" error seems to always occur
exactly three times in failing tests. Successful runs may have one or two
of these messages but never three.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-6512