Until Python 3 support for Beam is officially out of beta and
recommended, I don't think we can tell people to stop using Python 2.
Given that 2020 is just over 6 months away, that seems a short
transition time, so I would guess we'll have to continue supporting
Python 2 sometime into 2020.

A quick survey of users would be valuable here. But first priority is
making Python 3 rock solid so we can unconditionally recommend it over
Python 2.